Panic Attacks are Scary: 7 Steps to Reduce Anxiety
If you are in a high anxious state, your fight/fligh/freeze system may take over. Here are 6 steps to stay in control over your anxiety.
1. Find the anxiety in your body. Focus on the sensation.
2. Notice the qualities of the sensation. Do you feel heat, coolness, tightness or clenching?
3. Accept the anxiety.
4. Breath into the spaces that are feeling tight and tense.
5. Feel your feet on the gound.
6. Exhale slowly allowing the tenstion to release out of the bottoms of your feet.
7. Imagine a place or person that makes you feel safe. Bring that image to your mind's eye. Say, "I am safe."